Monday, July 24, 2006

Monday Water Bomb 7/24

Today we did a new loop with the farm team. We started at the springs, ran the back side of the miler loop and ended up on stratford hills. Went out conservatively to save some strength for the later part of the run and to be able to run with some people I hadn't really talked to. Ran slow through stratford, around redbud and onto LA blvd. At Exposition and LA blvd (about 3 miles out) I picked up (probably too rapidly in retrospect). I was able to hold this pace (probably around 6:20 or so) for the rest of the loop around the north side of the lake and back around to the springs. I was closer to 6 min pace for the last mile i'd guess.

Still struggling with pacing and blowing up on the runs since the track workout on thursday. I think I felt so good from my workout then that I am putting too much pressure on myself consequently to keep at that level. This is dangerous, based on my past record of injury and burned out feelings. Need to relax with this stuff. Life is really crazy right now as well, Tucson house sold, new job, travel to RI, Diss not finished, etc. I need to back off on the pressure from running and remember to enjoy this aspect of my life.

That said, I really do enjoy these monday morning runs. They have become a great motivator for me. I feel like i'm getting fit from them and i really like the folks that show up to run. We have fun.

No comments: