Tuesday, September 19, 2006

9/19 and then she said

Why are you running up a hill called Possum trot?
5X1000@3.46 with 2.75mile W/U and 2.75 C/D
total mileage 8 or so.
I was late to the workout today so got to run alone. Practiced steady breaths and high knees.
I practiced running under control up hills today. Wanted to see how that affected my time. By backing off slightly (based effort on breathing pattern and rate) I was able to hit the last hill a little harder and still brought in some respectable times. The only time i was really laboring was on the last one, and up that last hill on Meridan.
I think i'll try to maintain this pace (3:45 or so) for the next time and see if the effort is easier. Then use a race to determine if I should drop my time some. The meridan workout is primarily a strength builder and ball breaker workout for me, not a speed session. Save that for the track.

No comments: