Sunday, November 19, 2006

It's been a while...November 19th

Well, it has been a long time since I have had the time or energy to update the blog. I have been up to my hambones in dissertation and finally defended successfullly on Friday the 17th. TFG. I ran for the first time in a few weeks this morning and decided to try out my new fila sanctuary's- gift from the pace gods. The shoes are 1/2 size too large, and I find that I kick my opposite calf with the toe box when I am getting tired...I've always done this, but haven't noticed it so much until today. MAy be a sizing thing, or may be a weak legs thing. Quads started to ache also about 5 miles in, weak hammies?


Anyway, did the 10 mile TLT loop, getting used to new shoes and a new nike watch. it was absolutely beautiful out however, so the time was quite pleasant. I ran the first few around 8 and then started dropping down to 7:15s or so. Mile 5 was at 37.50 - total was at 73 minutes- surprizingly fast for the lack of running i've done recently. I felt fairly strong until the last mile or so, and just tried to keep the pace down. Frustrating to still feel like I have to pass anybody who looks like someone in my age group...Wish I could just run my own pace, but perhaps I need to fire up the juices again and kicking some poor unsuspecting guys butt on the trail is the price I have to pay.

Will pace ATT, race Boston.

Race Decker, and any little 5Ks that are cheap to get the blood flowing again.

No comments: