Tuesday, July 11, 2006

7/10 farm team run

Time :715 am
Temp: upper 70's
Route: 7 mile loop from springs
Distance 7.5 miles
Time 58 minutes or so, didn't time accurately.

Well, I slept late, right through the alarm, and missed the 6AM start this morning. I jumped out of bed at 7:10 and was down at Barton Springs by 7:20, to razz the guys who were lounging in the pool. I fessed up eventually and had to do the run alone. This sucked.

I decided to do a 3rds run, for the first 15 minutes i ran very easy (8-830 pace) , then i picked up to 7:30-745 pace for the next 2 miles or 15 minutes, and then i reluctantly picked it up again to sub 7 (630-645) for the rest of the way in. Legs felt really heavy when I did the last pickup and i lost my will after about 2.5 miles at this pace. I slowed down, picked it up, slowed down, walked for 30 seconds, picked it up, and generally fell apart at the end. Need to really work on positive self talk and mental toughness. These workouts are the place to practice toughing it out. It is a safe and non-pressured environment to experiment with limits, both physical and mental. Oh well, Need to remember this next week.

No comments: