Monday, July 17, 2006

7/17 7mileloop

Today we did the weekly farm team run- 7 mile loop on TLT.
The group included Jorge, Scott, Michael, Ivi and Lisa P.
We gently set off from B Springs and took it easy until the 35 bridge.
Picked up to normal running pace (4-6 on effort scale) and then jumped up again around 1st street. By the mile 3 marker (2 miles to go) we bumped effort up again and scott, jorge and I were running at about a 7 (moderate hard). By Mopac(1 mile to go), I picked up one final time and was running very hard for 800meters (3.03s) and then very very hard for the last 800m (2.37s) of the last mile.
Felt good today, even the pick up felt controlled, though hard. I think this is a fine place to be right now. I am not going to really pick up in intensity until September. Then I will begin to sharpen for 12 weeks prior to Dallas. This might entail a switch to the Friday Bomb and a Sunday long run.

No comments: