Friday, July 07, 2006

7/6 Circuits

Time: 530pm,
temp: 90,
location: AHS track,
group: Gazelles tu/thur pm, ran and chatted with Joe, Chris, Patrick, John, Roger.
Mileage 8+
Today was the last Circuit training for a while.

We started with 2.5 mile WU
Then 2 miles at 1/2 marathon pace on track (I did this in roughly 12 minutes- too fast for current fitness but OK)
Then circuit
Step ups X 10
Push ups X 10
Crunches X 10
Supermans X 10
Jump ups X 10
Lunges X 10

with 400 at 1/2 marathon pace (I did 800 for the first repeat- mind was wandering)

I completed 4 sets of these.

Then to the circle for
15/30/45/90 abs
2 X 1 min planks
2 min fast feet
2 X 100 no breath

cool down was trail back to Rtex.

Felt Like I really pushed the 2 mile pace run and probably went too hard on that, but i was able to complete the exercises so I guess it was OK. I see these strength workouts as a chance to safely push really hard. I was toast by the end of the workout though.

No comments: