Wednesday, July 26, 2006

7/25 mile repeats

this afternoon we did mile repeats at Zilker. My goal was to run these carefully but to drop a few seconds from the last miler workout in late June. I ran with Chris, Clint, and Roger for the first one, and then with Chris/Clint for the rest of them.
We did the first one conservatively at 6:28, and then dropped down abruptly to 5:55, 5:54 and finally 5:28. We were going to do 5 but because we ran too aggressively for the second and third one, G told us to only do 4. He was happy with my times so I guess i'm still on track, although i felt like I was putting out a little too much effort for each repeat- I want to be able to run these comfortably at 5:50 pace, not feeling so bad, but I have to remember that I am still re-adjusting to the training loads from the past.
temps were cooler, (low 90's) and the repeats felt OK although the last one was a push.
total mileage- 7

repeats on 6/29
Mile 1: 6:13
Mile 2: 6:05
Mile 3: 6:13
Mile 4: 6:10
Mile 5: 5:23

repeats today
Mile 1: 6:28
Mile 2: 5:55
Mile 3: 5:54
Mile 4: 5:28

Looking back now, I am disappointed that I didn't beat that last 5:23, but will try to back off on the intermediate repeats more so that I can nail the last one.

No comments: