Saturday, August 12, 2006

18 miles 8/12

Did a portion of the Austin marathon course this morning. Conditions were nice, with moderate temps, and moderate humidity. Here is the route ( http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=359705 )
It was 18 on the dot. Started at 5:30 up at S. Springs and Jollyville and eased on down the road. I decided that today was going to be a recovery day along with an endurance run to get my body used to long runs (over 14 miles) again. Therefore, I decided to enjoy the company (which was easy, based on the runners I spent time with) and the scenery.

Total time was 2.23 which is about 7.50s or so. I felt good until making a pit stop about 8 miles in, then the legs felt dead for the rest of the run. I am wondering if I need to pick it up more and if that increased turnover will help the tiredness. May try this next week, when i plan to run a modified daniels long run that incorporates some time at tempo pace as well as running easy.
I didn't eat or have coffee before the run, and only got 4.5 hours sleep and this change in the normal routine may have contributed to my general tiredness during the effort.

No comments: