Tuesday, August 15, 2006

8/15 meridian and 12th

We did 1000's at 12th and Meridian tonight, it was very hot. I ran over from Runtex Riverside with Patrick G. and met the group at LA blvd. We then trotted up to 12th and began the workout. Its amazing how draining 16 minutes of VO2 Max can be. I was wiped after 4 repeats.
Stats
Miles : 8
Weekly total : 23
repeats 90s rest
1: 3:49
2: 3:50
3: 3:49
4: 3:46
didn't use HR monitor for fear of knowing how high my HR was. Some things are better left unknown:)

also did 5 up/ 3 back up the first hill to finish off. Ran back to Riverside alone - it was a tough few miles.

I feel good about tonights effort. I was happy to improve from the last time we did this ( ithink i was doing closer to 4 min)
and it was good to get a VO2 max workout in. I felt like death on the last one, but it was kind of cool to step back from the pain and observe what i was feeling from a more objective place. I felt calm for some weird reason, even though i was really struggling. We had some guests from the AM group and that was fun.

No comments: