Friday, August 11, 2006

2000's 8/10

5:30pm/100+/7.5 miles
tonight we did the 2000's at Zilker. I practiced running evenly and visualised what a 10K would be like running at the pace I was running...hmmmm, i don't think so. I had set a goal to run the last one below 7 minutes and decided to do 3 repeats rather than 4. (2 minute rest)
My splits:
Repeat1-7.19 (pace roughly 5.40 at mile mark)
Repeat2-7.15
Repeat3-6.55(pace roughly 5.30 at mile mark)

Thoughts: My pace felt controlled throughout one and two, effort was moderately hard/hard. Number three was hard/very hard
a bit uncontrolled. My breathing was ragged and I had to really focus on pulling the rhythm back together after about 400m. I leaned forward and felt more comfortable and was able to regain some control for the rest of the repeat and opened it up for the last 400 along the road.

Went and watched the road race afterwards and saw Steven and Rudy post some respectable 5K times. J Paladino won in 17 and change. G said i could run faster than that right now...hmmmmm, we'll see.

No comments: