Wednesday, August 09, 2006

7 on the trail 8/9/06

430pm Hot, humid etc, felt hotter than yesterday, Found Rudy at Rtex Riverside and joined him for a 7 miler around the trail. Went out too hard and felt bad until the last few miles, when i decided to lean forward. WOW what a difference 10 degrees of lean makes. My breathing immediately became less labored, i felt like i could take full breaths, i could feel the power transfer in my quads and my arms and shoulders relaxed. I was able to run quite well and felt better than before. G has told me to do this before and i have tried without the dramatic success that i felt today. Ususally because I was in O2 debt already and couldn't feel much of anything...IE Bomb Run. Here are the splits:
M1: 7.05
M2: 7.10
M3: 6.54
M4: 7.08
M5: 7.27
M6: 6.24
M7: 6:03
the last two are when i changed my posture. Of course we also stopped for water so that may have had something to do with it. However, I changed posture about 500m into the 6th mile and noticed the difference immediately. Rudy was running effortlessly next to me the whole time- He is in great shape already.

Did 7 strides with full recovery afterwards and noticed that my calves were beginning to tighten up on me for the last 3 or so. Need to pay attention to this.
Ankle is sore for first 400-800m and then tender afterwards.
tomorrow is 2000's: goal is to run negative splits down to 7 min for last one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fletcher-- You need to come to Yoga on Wednesdays and do some downward dogs for those calves!

Steven S. W. Fletcher said...

yeah I know, Elissa keeps hounding me (no pun intended)