Wednesday, August 23, 2006

tired 5 8/23

Well, I was really hurting after last nights little interval session so my grandiose plans for a 10 mile recovery run quickly turned into a stumbling 5 mile endurance shuffle. I have a lot on my plate at the moment, and the running mileage is going to be the first thing to jettison unfortunately, but thats OK, because my base is strong and I could use a few lighter weeks to control the injury. I will only be able to run about 45 minutes per day, and may not be able to make all Gazelles workouts until the Diss is finished and the new job settles down. I am noticing also that the ankle is flaring up a little with the added stress, so I am not running the 5K this weekend and will focus on being strong for the relays instead.
Modified goals:

This week:
Miles so far:
Sun: 7.25
Mon 7.5
Tues 9.5
Wed 5
total so far: 29.25

Goal: 50 need 20.75

Thurs rest day (10th wedding Anniversary! )
Friday Bomb or easy 7
Sat 14

1 comment:

Duane said...

Happy 10th Anniversary!! I can't imagine someone would put up with you for that long, but congrats none the less!