Friday, August 25, 2006

seven miles of heat 8/25

Did a 5:30p recovery run today after a day off yesterday. Noticing a lot of mental resistance this afternoon. I think the stress of the rest of my life is preventing me from just letting go and running. I kept feeling that I had to stop because I had too much to do to be running. After 4 miles, these feelings suddenly went away. Partially because i was running around others more, and also because i tried to talk myself out of feeling crappy. Physically, the ankle is still quite sore and both knees feel tight. THe last two were fairly easy after a good soaking at the shower by the rock.
Tomorrow will be an easy long run with friends. No pushing until the very last few.
Even with all the bellyaching, i was able to pull off a 50 minute run for 7, so i guess my fitness is still OK. Head just wasn't in the game today. These slumps come with the miles i think. Running a few more miles per week can become a chore when the honeymoon PRs are over and the fatigue leaves one open for the running blues. This is minor though, and will go away when my plate has been emptied a little.

Mileage - 7
time - 50.00
Total for week - 36ish.
need 14-16 tomorrow.

No comments: