Friday, June 02, 2006

June 1, 2006 , Track workout AHS

This is my first post. I am going to add profile stuff later.

Gazelles workout at AHS tonight.

Goal 6 X 800
2 min recovery

Got to track covered in sweat- it was extremely humid. I had been stressed all day trying to write and rewrite the dissertation, so I was looking forward to burning out some angst on the track.

Warm ups were ragged- need to focus on the form for these more carefully- i thought about the DVD i made with gilbert, and thought about distributing it to the group again or putting it online.

I had been running 82-80 sec 400's the previous workout so was expecting to run the 800's at around 3.00 or so. Gilbert said "steve, 2.45s". Gulp. OK coach.

We had a nice little group actually and proceeded to run.

Splits:

1. 2.45 Felt good, didn't push to hard, watched everyone enevitably start too hard, and ended last in the group with a perfect 2.45 split.

2. 2.45 Same aas above- just trying to be consistent - other gazelles gave us encouragement, we cheered for them.

3. 2.45 nailed it again, feeling a little tired now, legs heavy on that last 200

4. 2.49 Bizarre, I led this one and was on pace for the first 600 meters, then backed off unconciously and came in over by 4 seconds. If felt hard actually.

5. 2.47 Man, I feel bad. I can't believe that this much effort still leaves me over by two seconds- I watched Rudy take the other guys out at a 2.38 pace and must have backed off too much- I did drive hard on last 200 to make up ground.

6. 2.38 Pushed this harder and it felt better actually. Maybe I need to push these harder. Its easy to get into a rut and sometimes you have to speed up to a pace that kicks in another level of metabolism or something.

On the way back to Runtex, a few of us helped one severe calf cramping gazelle and a "runners Knee" gazelle get back to the parking lot. It was fun to walk in the rain.

No comments: