Saturday, June 24, 2006

saturday 6/24 long run

weather: 70's overcast, humid
time 6am
route: mt bonnell
Distance: 14 miles
Time: 1:42

Saturday long run
Humid and overcast this morning, large group of runners took off for Mt Bonnell.
I started up front with Floyd, Jeffery, Woo, Rauch and others but after a mile decided to back off on the pace. Those guys push from the first meter and I need more time to warm up than that.

Settled into a decent pace with Jimmie and some guy from the Performace Project who we dropped on LA blvd. Kept things controlled through scenic, and didn't really feel too bad until Mt Bonnell. I really struggled up today, arms burning, legs burning- I think it was from going out too hard. Antway, did the steps and met Jimmie coming back from the turn around, we waited for Lisa and pushed back down the hill. Decided on Exposition today and Lisa really pushed up the hills, I was toast by about 11 miles and told her to go ahead. She took off around O'Henry and gapped me by about 50meters for the rest of the way in, I felt really bad on the trail but just plugged along until we were done. 5 Strides and home.

I feel like i still have no speed and am aggravated at my plateau, I just have to remember to balence things right now and the time to focus on running more will come when i am done writing the Diss,.

No comments: